[rt-users] Newbie wanting to see the history on reply

Nicole Engard nengard at bywatersolutions.com
Thu Jan 3 11:40:19 EST 2013

Hi all,

Today we went live with RT! It's pretty darn awesome!  I'm wondering if
there is an extension though that might be able to do what I want.  I did
look through the extensions list, the wiki and searched on Google, but
might not be using the right words phrases.

We migrated from Bugzilla to RT and when you replied to a ticket in
Bugzilla you could see the history of the ticket right there. So I've
gotten used to being able to see what people said (myself and others) in
the past on the ticket.  I know that you can reply and then see the reply
in the editor box, but the entire history isn't always there (depending on
how you replied) and I don't really want the entire history in the body of
the message anyway.

So, does anyone know of a plugin/extension that will show me a preview of
the previous discussion on the ticket off to the side or below the
comment/reply box?   Right now I'm opening the reply window in a new tab so
I can go back and forth.

Thanks a ton!

Nicole C. Engard
Vice President of Education