[rt-users] can't compile RT CPAN modules

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Jan 4 12:16:53 EST 2013

On Fri, Jan 04, 2013 at 08:33:40AM -0500, Tim Dunphy wrote:
>    I find it perplexing that I cannot seem to compile ANY CPAN module relating to rt4. I've tried
>    many and have met with the same frustrations
>    Basically this is what occurs.
>    [monitor03:~/RT-Crypt-SMIME-0.23] root% perl Makefile.PL Cannot determine perl version info
>    from lib/RT/Crypt/SMIME.pm Cannot find the location of RT.pm that defines $RT::LocalPath in:

While you can tell Makefile.PL explicitly where RT is with
RTHOME=/usr/local/rt4 perl Makefile.PL, running that will only result in

$ RTHOME=~/work/rt/4.0/ perl Makefile.PL
RT-Crypt-SMIME only works on RT 3.6.x (you have 4.0.8-216-g0541182).

Is there something I could have added to the README to make that
clearer?

There is not currently a public smime solution for RT 4.0.  RT 4.2
will include a native solution that runs in parallel with the gnupg
support.

-kevin