[rt-users] request

Jourdan Perla jkperla at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jan 7 11:01:59 EST 2013

There is a prepackaged version for Ubuntu on the repository, but it's a pain to upgrade.

You're an Ubuntu novice? Any other preferred *nix os? (If you're running it under a Windows VM, I'd suggest CentOS instead.)

There are some instructions for doing a fresh install under Ubuntu (and others) on the wiki.
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/InstallationGuides
With all the different setups out there, there is no one true a-z install guide that will work for everybody. Just read a few and try it out.

Jourdan Perla
University of California, Davis