[rt-users] RT Command Line

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jan 17 17:04:15 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 04:16:27PM -0500, Tim Dunphy wrote:
>    Simple question for you. If I wanted to run the RT command line from my local computer (which
>    is a mac), it is necessary to install the full RT first? Or is it possible to download the RT
>    CLI separately?

You do not need all of RT, but I'm not aware of a separate packaging
for bin/rt.  You can scp your.rt.server:/opt/rt4/bin/rt down to your
Mac and then install the few non-core dependencies that it has (you can
see them listed around line 65 or so of bin/rt).

If you don't have access to your RT server, you could download the RT
tarball and take the copy of bin/rt inside it, which is configured to
use #!/usr/bin/perl.

-kevin