[rt-users] Ticket owner doesn't receive replies if they're not in the queue

Karger, Amir Amir_Karger at hms.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 21 21:54:37 EST 2013

Hi,

We're using RT 4.0.5.

Sometimes, a ticket is sitting in queue Q1. We transfer the ticket to
another IT person, Fred, to solve, not realizing that Fred doesn't have
access to queue Q1. The person works on the ticket and resolves it. Later,
a user replies to the ticket, thereby reopening it. We all think that Fred
is going to work on the ticket, so we ignore the email we all got. But it
turns out that the reply doesn't go to Fred, because Fred can't see the Q1
queue.

Doesn't that seem wrong? Shouldn't the owner of a ticket always get
replies to that ticket? Is there some parameter in RT we can change?

My apologies if this has been asked many times. Pointers to an answer
would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Amir Karger