[rt-users] Ticket owner doesn't receive replies if they're not in the queue

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jan 22 13:10:59 EST 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 09:54:37PM -0500, Karger, Amir wrote:
> a user replies to the ticket, thereby reopening it. We all think that Fred
> is going to work on the ticket, so we ignore the email we all got. But it
> turns out that the reply doesn't go to Fred, because Fred can't see the Q1
> queue.

As mentioned earlier, you can grant ShowTicket to the Owner role so
that Fred can see things, but that doesn't affect email notifications.

By default RT does not ship On Correspond Notify Owners or On Comment
Notify Owners, because it was assumed that your list of owners was a
subset of AdminCcs (this is how we use RT, but clearly isn't the only
model).

You can add On Correspond Notify Owner, but keep in mind that if the
Owner is also an AdminCc, that user will get 2 emails.  You'd need to
add a Notify Owner and AdminCc action, which you can do with a small
piece of initialdata.  Docs on that here:
http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/initialdata.html

-kevin