[rt-users] mailgate LWP SSL error after upgrading some perl mods

Ed Santora ed_santora at harvard.edu
Wed Jan 30 16:02:41 EST 2013

Hello all,

I tried searching the archives, but couldn't find this specific error.

After upgrading a few perl modules, I starting seeing this error getting
bounced back.

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/home/web/sites/xxx.xxx.xxx/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate --queue
test --action correspond --url https://xxx.xxx.xxx/rt/
       generated by test at xxx.xxx.xxx ------

 Using the default of SSL_verify_mode of SSL_VERIFY_NONE for client
 is deprecated! Please set SSL_verify_mode to SSL_VERIFY_PEER
 together with SSL_ca_file|SSL_ca_path for verification.
 If you really don't want to verify the certificate and keep the
 connection open to Man-In-The-Middle attacks please set
 SSL_verify_mode explicitly to SSL_VERIFY_NONE in your application.
  at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 31.

It's a registered domain (several years old) with a valid ssl cert. I test
the cert with several sites and they all say it's valid and installed
correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Ed