[rt-users] changing $Organization

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu Jan 31 20:16:31 EST 2013

On 01/31/2013 04:01 PM, Christoph Badura wrote:
> Our setting of $Organization has included a blank because the version of
> RT I installed originally didn't yet complain about blanks in $Organization.
>
> We're getting tired :-) of the related warnings on upgrades and I'm trying
> to fix the references in the database this week.
> I've found and fixed references in the Links and Transactions tables.
>
> Is any other table to be fixed? Is there maybe a canonical list of tables
> and columns to fix?

The 4.2 version of sbin/rt-validator catches and fixes $Organization
changes.  You could grab that and use it on your 4.0 database with the
--links-only option.  However, if you're sure you've already fixed all
occurrences in Links and Transactions, then it wouldn't find anything as
this is where it looks:

    my @URI_USES = (
        { model => 'Transaction', column => 'OldValue', Additional => {
Type => 'DeleteLink' } },
        { model => 'Transaction', column => 'NewValue', Additional => {
Type => 'AddLink' } },
        { model => 'Link', column => 'Target' },
        { model => 'Link', column => 'Base' },
    );