[rt-users] How do you check the value of a Transaction CustomField

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 2 12:51:05 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 06:14:32AM -0700, scott.dalzell wrote:
> How do you check the value of a Transaction CustomField?

Same way you would check it on a Ticket

$Ticket->FirstCustomFieldValue('Foo');
$Transaction->FirstCustomFieldValue('Foo');

FirstCustomFieldValue is an RT::Record method intentionally, since it
means any Record class that supports Custom Fields can use it.

http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/RT/Record.html#FirstCustomFieldValue-FIELD

> im looking to create a script that will check a CF on the ticket transaction
> and if it equals "Alert" it will set a Ticket CF to the same value.
>
> This is to allow our in the field support teams to more easily highlight
> tickets to our main support team and to give a descrition of the issue.

You might just want to expose the Ticket CF on the Update page
instead, but either way will work.

You can see code for adding CFs to the Reply/Comment page in the
RT-Extension-MandatoryOnTransition extension on CPAN/github.

-kevin