[rt-users] RT-Extension-LDAPImport vs RT External Auth plugin modules

Jeff Solberg jsolberg at intrepidls.com
Tue Jul 2 12:57:33 EDT 2013

Since I was unable to get the RT External Auth setup working with my Active Directory Environment I have been looking at other solutions in getting my AD users logging into RT. I have seen you can use Apache to handle Authentication but that method really doesn't look all that attractive to me. I have now seen there is an LDAP import tool that can import users in RT. Can this tool import the users from my Active Directory Server and when they go to login will it look to the LDAP server to validate the users password? Or does it store everything local in the MYSQL Database? In a perfect world I would get the External Auth working but I for the life of me cannot pinpoint the disconnect that is in place. Please any advice on this would be grateful . Thanks.

Jeff