[rt-users] RT-Extension-LDAPImport vs RT External Auth plugin modules

Nathan Cutler presnypreklad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 16:13:31 EDT 2013

> Since I was unable to get the RT External Auth setup working with my Active
> Directory Environment

Seems to me that if you can get RT::Extension::LDAPImport to work,
then you'll have a fighting chance of getting RT::Authen::ExternalAuth
to work as well. Please post to the list your working LDAPImport
config along with your non-working ExternalAuth config.

For me, before I was able to get ExternAuth working, I first had to
figure out how to bind to the LDAP server as a user (by providing that
user's password). Once I was able to bind using 'ldapsearch' from the
Linux command line, configuring ExternAuth was suddenly very easy.

Once you have it set up, ExternalAuth will automatically create/update
internal RT users for the LDAP users it authenticates, according to
the "attr_map" setting.