[rt-users] External Auth config with RT on Debian

Nathan Cutler presnypreklad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 16:51:45 EDT 2013

> I have ran into a wits end situation

Apologize in advance if you've already looked into this possibility:

>         'attr_match_list' => [
>             'Name',
>             'EmailAddress',
>             'RealName',
>         ],

Have you checked if this is really what you want? Quoting from Thomas
Sibley's documentation for the ExternAuth module at:

http://search.cpan.org/~tsibley/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm

" Once installed, you should view the file:

3.4/3.6 $RTHOME/local/etc/ExternalAuth/RT_SiteConfig.pm 3.8
$RTHOME/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm "

Quoting from that file:

## RT ATTRIBUTE MATCHING SECTION
# The list of RT attributes that uniquely identify a user
# This example shows what you *can* specify.. I recommend reducing this
# to just the Name and EmailAddress to save encountering problems later.

So, my question is: have you tried reducing attr_match_list?  (Again,
sorry if you did and I just missed it.)

Nathan