[rt-users] RT session cleanup - session table size

Craig Ringer craig at 2ndquadrant.com
Tue Jul 9 00:02:17 EDT 2013

On 07/07/2013 08:21 PM, Alex Decalli wrote:
> Hello everybody
> I want to cleanup my session table, it is already about 1 Gigabyte! I hit:
>
> me at myserver:~$ sudo rt-clean-sessions --debug --older 1M

That reminds me - is there any reason RT would get upset if the sessions
table was suddenly empty after a restart?

I'm wondering if it should be an UNLOGGED table on PostgreSQL 9.1 and
above, so it doesn't incur write-ahead logging overhead. If it doesn't
need to be crash-safe and it's OK to just have it truncated after a
crash recovery restart, that'd be ideal.

Thoughts?