[rt-users] can't edit dashboards after upgrading to 4.0.13

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Jul 19 11:21:56 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 04:29:59PM -0700, Robert McNicholas wrote:
> A couple weeks after upgrading to 4.0.13 (from 4.0.7), I discovered that
> whenever I click the "Content" link while editing a dashboard, I get the
> error, "An internal RT error has occurred. Your administrator can find
> more details in RT's log files."  In the log is recorded:
>
> Jul 18 16:21:39 myhostname  RT: Can't call method "Content" on an
> undefined value at /opt/rt4/share/html/Dashboards/Queries.html line
> 126.  Stack:   [/opt/rt4/share/html/Dashboards/Queries.html:126]
> [/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:635]
> [/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:335]
> [/opt/rt4/share/html/autohandler:53]
> (/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm:208)

Go have a look at /opt/rt4/share/html/Dashboards/Queries.html and
ensure that it looks like this change (which was in 4.0.12) is in your
install.

https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/blob/stable/share/html/Dashboards/Queries.html#L125

We've run into a few folks who customized RT running into problems
because of local overrides to either Queries.html or SearchesForObject
that don't take into account this API change.

-kevin