[rt-users] Custom script to set custom field value

matt at es-msat.org matt at es-msat.org
Fri Jul 19 18:58:30 EDT 2013

Hello!

I need to create two scripts that will set a custom field value for
tickets that contain New Hire: or Termination: in the subject line. I
only need it for one queue and I want it to trigger when a ticket is
created or moved into that specific queue. I recently took over
management of an RT instance from someone who left the company. I have
never created customs scripts for RT. I have no idea if this is possible
and I have no idea where to start. Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated!

Script 1:
Subject Contains: New Hire:
Queue Name: IT