[rt-users] Error when sending or reciving mail (fork::abort: address space needed by xxx)

scott.dalzell scott.dalzell at aveva.com
Wed Jul 24 11:11:57 EDT 2013

Thanks Thomas I think this has put me on the right track.

i found and tweeked the mysqltuner.pl to run on mysql database (needed the
host ip address to login into mysql)

This suggested that i increase afew max table/cache values to optimize my
database. i then Optimized all my databases and increase the Virtual memory
on the machine

This has resulted in me being able to send emails from RT again (yeah!), but
the (fork::abort: address space needed by xxx) errors are still sometimes
appearing in the error.log but as of yet have not caused any more disruption

knowing that this will be a ticking time bomb if i leave it in this state,
Do you have any advice on how to tune Apache?

Is there an equivalent 'Apachetuner.pl' that you know of as the
mysqltuner.pl was very handly for a beginner like me