[rt-users] Two Annoying Messages in the logs

Giles Coochey giles at coochey.net
Fri Jul 26 09:20:40 EDT 2013

On 26/07/2013 14:09, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 01:23:32PM +0100, Giles Coochey wrote:
>> I run RT (upgraded to 4.0.15 today), but this is a small issue I've
>> always had with my set up.
>>
>> I always get the following in my apache errorlogs:
> You should get these once per process startup, yes?

Yes.

> What are you using to reverse proxy?
> These warnings imply that you've got something which isn't passing any
> headers that we would expect.  In particular, if we detect proxying,
> we don't do the second check.
>
> You can see the relevant code and headers here:
>
> https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/blob/stable/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm#L1226
>
> -kevin

OK, For info:

1. squid strips the SSL and does caching, it then gets passed to...
2. apache reverse proxy which does other things.

I expect that they're both set up to not insert FORWARDED_FOR headers...
I will check.

Thanks for the info, I can probably fix that.

--
Regards,

Giles Coochey, CCNP, CCNA, CCNAS
NetSecSpec Ltd