[rt-users] For RTIR are scrips ran before plugins? (namely lib/RT/Action/RTIR_FindIP.pm)

Landon landonstewart at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 15:06:37 EDT 2013

Hello,

As many of you know RTIR has three levels of tickets each with their own
queue.  Reports come into "Incident Reports", incidents are created in
"Incidents" and investigations are created in "Investigations".  I'm
attempting to write a scrip that looks at the IP field of a ticket created
in "Incident Reports" and searches for tickets in "Incidents".  If it finds
one (or more) it'll create a HasMember link.  If it doesn't I might make it
create an Incident with the text from the Incident Report.

My question is when the scrips run the IP field appears to be empty at the
time it runs.  Is this normal?  What order do things happen in RT and RTIR
plugins?  Can I tweak this order to ensure that the IP Custom Field is
populated via lib/RT/Action/RTIR_FindIP.pm before a scrip runs?  Is the
only way to append the scrip to the end of RTIR_FindIP.pm?

Thank you.

--
Landon Stewart <LandonStewart at Gmail.com>