[rt-users] Slow query on CFs

Vegard Vesterheim vegard.vesterheim at uninett.no
Fri Jun 7 07:31:25 EDT 2013

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 09:32:46 +0200 Christian Loos <cloos at netcologne.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the Database indexes are not optimal for the ObjectCustomFieldValues
> table. Sadly I didn't had time to dig deeper into this.
> But maybe you have time and an new index will help you.

Thanks for the tip. Better indexing might help, but in this case the SQL
query is clearly suboptimal, so a fix in the SQL generation is in order
anyway. In our database, a properly optimised SQL statement returns
results immediately.

> There is already an ticket open for this:
> http://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=16898

The symptoms might be the same (slow queries), so the tickets might be
related, but I think this is two separate issues which will require
different solutions. One issue is about suboptimal SQL, the other issue
is about suboptimal indexes.

 - Vegard V -