[rt-users] For RTIR are scrips ran before plugins? (namely lib/RT/Action/RTIR_FindIP.pm)

Landon landonstewart at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 17:05:41 EDT 2013

On 6 June 2013 15:36, Landon <landonstewart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 June 2013 13:23, Ruslan Zakirov <ruz at bestpractical.com> wrote:
>
>> yes, use SQL to check:
>>
>> select Description from Scrips order by Description;
>>
>> [RTIR] prefix is also accounted, so you have to know where DB places it
>> while sorting.
>>

> Thank you that makes sense.  I still have a bit of an issue with the order
> of things.  If I use "On Create" as the condition the scrip fires earlier
> than the order by Description and there are no IP addresses in the custom
> field at that point.  If I use a User Defined condition the IP address
> custom field is already populated by that time.  The problem with using a
> User Defined condition is that it has the potential to fire more than once
> if I base it on something to do with the ticket that might happen more than
> once in the ticket's life.  I only want to do this process once on the
> original content of the ticket so On Create makes the most sense.
>
> Any idea how I can get a condition that that will only fire once per
> ticket on creation or otherwise but going by the order of scrips that
> indicated by the SQL query?

If anyone has any information on this I would appreciate it. Basically I'm
looking for a condition that *only* fires once per ticket creation but late
enough in the ticket creation process that all the custom fields have
already been updated by RTIR built-in scrips (ie. ticket already commited
to database?).

--
Landon Stewart <LandonStewart at Gmail.com>