[rt-users] REST vs GUI: huge performance diference

Ram ram0502 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 13:23:10 EDT 2013

After using a few tools suggested by Tom (MasonX::Profiler and then
NYTProf) it looks to me like the issue imay be in
share/html/REST/1.0/Forms/ticket/default and really relates to a difference
in the default (fields) in GUI quick search compared to what the REST
servicer does.

By changing my query from (the CLI equivalent): rt ls
"Requester.EmailAddress=someaddy at example.com"  to rt ls -f Created, Status,
LastUpdated, Subject "Requestor.EmailAddress=someaddy at example.com" I saw a
round trip time reduction of over 70%.

This change in request was enough to bring the performance of the REST
interface within a reasonable range for my needs.

Hope this helps.
ram