[rt-users] Decrypting messages with GPG

o oday at securingchange.org
Thu Jun 13 20:00:46 EDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-06-13 at 13:18 +0400, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 2:30 AM, Oliver Day <oday at securingchange.org>
> wrote:
>         I haven't found documentation that explains how to cache
>         passwords that will allow mailgate to decrypt messages sent to
>         RT. I've set the home directory to the default location and
>         imported the appropriate keys. So I'm able to encrypt a
>         message to a user and I'm able to decrypt that message and
>         respond. But in the ticket itself the response I send back is
>         displayed as "Message body not shown because it is not plain
>         text." with a MIME type of "application/pgp-encrypted".
>

>         I know about gpg-agent and I've even gone as far as launching
>         gpg-agent as the user www-data (the user my webserver uses)
>         but I'm unsure how to cache the keys into gpg-agent. Or is
>         this approach completely wrong?
>

> You don't need gpg decryption in UI unless you're using encrypt
> attachments in DB option. Can you tell more about your problem? At
> least URL where you see encrypted content.

Hi Ruslan,

I will have sensitive information in the tickets I'll create so I'd like
to encrypt the contents of the ticket. I created a test ticket, selected
myself as the owner and selected "encrypt" in the options to encrypt it
to my gpg key. An email was sent to me from the queue and I was able to
decrypt the message, reply, and encrypt the response to the queue's
public key. When I look at the history of the ticket
(e.g. /rt/Ticket/History.html?id=31) the messages are encrypted and I'm
unable to see the contents and the error messages are described in my
previous email and in the screenshot attached.

Is there documentation on how to enable encrypting the attachments in
the DB? That sounds like an option I'd like as well.

Oliver