[rt-users] RT 4.0.8 - rt-mailgate hangs on authenticated RT server

Duncan Napier dgnapier at sfu.ca
Mon Jun 17 18:06:33 EDT 2013

Hello,

I know this has been raised before and a few solutions have been given, but it seems that all of them are different and none of them seem to work on my system.

I am running CAS-authenticed RT 4.0.8 on an CentOS 6.2/Apache2.2.24/Postfix-2.2.6 and everything seems to run fine. I now want to implement rt-mailgate. The mailer etc all works fine, but when I send emails to the aliases for correspond/comment, the maillog shows

"(temporary failure. Command output: An Error Occurred xxx 302 Found )"

Running

"/usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond --url http://www.mysite.com --debug"

just hangs indefinitely with no debug message.

So it appears that the MTA hangs because the system is awaiting CAS authentication.

I understand that to get around this, you open up areas of the server to the the localhost (127.0.0.1) so no authentication is required. I have tried a bunch of fixes, but none seem to work. They seem require NoAuth areas of the rt directory have authentication disabled using Apache Location or Directory directives, as in:

#############
# Begin Code Fragment
#############
    <LocationMatch /share/html/NoAuth>
        Satisfy Any
        Allow from all
    </LocationMatch>

    <LocationMatch /share/html/REST/1.0/NoAuth>
        Satisfy Any
        Allow from all
    </LocationMatch>

#############
# End Code Fragment
#############

My rt.conf folder looks like this

#############
# Begin rt.conf
#############

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    Alias /rt/NoAuth/images /usr/local/rt/share/html/NoAuth/images/
    ScriptAlias / /usr/local/rt/sbin/rt-server.fcgi/

    DocumentRoot "/usr/local/rt/share/html"

<Directory /usr/local/rt>
 Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    AuthType CAS
</Directory>

    <Location /rt>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all

        Options +ExecCGI
        AddHandler fcgid-script fcgi
    </Location>

    <LocationMatch /share/html/NoAuth>
        Satisfy Any
        Allow from all
    </LocationMatch>

    <LocationMatch /share/html/REST/1.0/NoAuth>
        Satisfy Any
        Allow from all
    </LocationMatch>

# End rt.conf