[rt-users] Unable to configure "open" queue

Christian B. Wiik cbw at itf-as.no
Thu Jun 20 04:00:04 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Joop <jvdwege at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> As a test could you add Create Tickets to the global Everyone group and
> then try. RT Essentials (the book) has an example of that and for me it has
> worked several times in the past. Restricting Create Ticket to only certain
> queues will work but try to get the general one working first.
> Thinking about general, what does your /etc/aliases look like, or
> how/where does you mail end up in RT?
> My setup is that mail send to support at domain.nl will go to the General
> queue which is created as part of initdb and things like
> support-app1 at domain.nl will go directly to the app1 queue. I'm suspecting
> that you have added Create Ticket to your Testing queue but that by default
> your mta is trying to use the General queue to create tickets which doesn't
> have Create Ticket.

Hi and thanks for reply Joop.

I already have "Create tickets" enabled under global group rights ->
Everyone -> General rights.

My /etc/aliases is currently set to:
support:             "|/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate --queue Testing --action
correspond --url http://localhost/rt/"

My RT was set up running 4.0.10, but I have now upgraded to 4.0.13 and get
the same results.

--
Regards
Christian