[rt-users] Conditionally add new unprivileged users

Al Twohill moebiusproject at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 00:20:23 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I'm currently learning rt - this thing is amazing and I wish I knew
about it earlier!

I'd like to be able to extend the user creation via email process, but
I'm not sure where to start.

Specifically, when someone emails rt at example.com and they don't yet
have a user account, I'd like to search through all my groups to see
if their domain name exists in a custom field.

If the group is found, then I'd like them to be added to that group,
and the ticket created.

If no group is found, I'd like rt to send them a message telling them
to contact an admin, and the user account would not be created.

I'm not asking how to code this functionality (I'll try and figure
that out myself), but I've no idea how I can hook into the account
creation process.

If anyone could give any pointers for me to get started that'd be wonderful.

I'm running rt 4.0.4 on Ubuntu 12.04.

Thanks,

Al