[rt-users] Conditionally add new unprivileged users

Al Twohill moebiusproject at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 17:06:39 EDT 2013

Thanks Ruslan,

On 22 June 2013 00:25, Ruslan Zakirov <ruz at bestpractical.com> wrote:
>snip<
> Sadly there are no scrips for other objects except tickets. What you want is
> not hard to do by wrapping Create method in RT::User class. Basicly you let
> RT do creation and when it successfuly returns to the caller, you can do
> required lookups and put user into a group.

Yes, I'd discovered that I couldn't run scrips on things other than
tickets, so was looking at wrapping or extending a user method.

I'd got as far as learning about overlays, and am thinking I want to
use an overlay to rewrite RT::User::LoadOrCreateByEmail, so that I can
refuse creating a user if they're not from a valid domain etc.

So I've created a User_Overlay.pm, that overrides that method but I
can't find any documentation on how to get it to be run instead of the
original. I've put it in /usr/local/share/request-tracker4/lib/, but
not sure where to go from here.

Thanks, Al