[rt-users] Setting up requestor access to Self Service Web UI

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Jun 24 12:10:40 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 08:49:04PM +0000, Jeff Solberg wrote:
> My goal is to have the end user click on a URL in the auto reply email
> that will direct them to the Self Service UI and also iauto log them
> in without being prompted for a username and password (if possible).
> With that being said I guess I have 2 questions: 1) How to setup Self
> Service and 2) How to (if possible) make it so an end user can click
> on a URL in the auto reply and auto log them in without Username and
> Password. Thanks in advance for any help in regards to this issue!

As mentioned in other replies - SelfService ships with RT and doesn't
require configuration, it will be automatically used for users who
aren't marked Privileged.

The easiest thing may be to leverage any existing Single-Sign-On
technology in use at your organization (such as kerberized AD).

Otherwise, writing a one-time-user or single-use URL could be done
leveraging a user's secret token which is currently used for the RSS and
iCal feeds.  This is non-trivial development.

-kevin