[rt-users] '--' in request cuts off history when replying?

candidochris ccandido at turn14.com
Mon Jun 24 15:05:12 EDT 2013

Kevin,

Thanks for the response. From what you wrote, I looked at issues we had and
they are actually always caused by email signatures - I didn't realize that
before.

When an incoming email from a requestor has a signature like this:

--
Signature

The cut off happens. I'm assuming this is because it matches Request
Tracker's internal signature format.

We had this problem even after removing the local file, clearing the mason
and restarting apache.

Is this something we need to learn to live with, or is there an easy way to
knock out the -- signature config on incoming emails?

I'll run some more tests on my end.