[rt-users] Organisation/User Links

Adam Thick adam.thick at strategicdata.com.au
Mon Jun 24 21:16:56 EDT 2013

Hi there,

I work in an organisation using Request Tracker extensively for client and internal communication. We currently have a custom field on our queues which allow linking of tickets to client/organisations but I cannot apply this custom field to the users entity as well… I'd like one datasource for client information and would like to be able to link to this custom field from both users and tickets.

I have a few questions relating to this,

has anyone come up with a way to apply a custom field to both tickets and users?

Has anyone come up with a better concept of "client/organisation" for Request Tracker? which would allow us to do a similar thing?

We'd like to integrate RT's users into other apps, be able to search users AND tickets by client/organisation.

Happy to hear suggestions.

Cheers,
Adam T.