[rt-users] Organisation/User Links

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jun 25 12:32:11 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:16:56AM +1000, Adam Thick wrote:
> I work in an organisation using Request Tracker extensively for client
> and internal communication. We currently have a custom field on our
> queues which allow linking of tickets to client/organisations but I
> cannot apply this custom field to the users entity as well… I'd like
> one datasource for client information and would like to be able to
> link to this custom field from both users and tickets.
>
> I have a few questions relating to this,
>
> has anyone come up with a way to apply a custom field to both tickets and users?

At this time, you cannot apply the same custom field to Users and
Tickets.  In the past, I've seen this done a number of way.
The user contains the definitive list in a CF and the Ticket has a
simple enter-one CF that copies the value from the User using a Scrip.
Alternatively, both CFs are External Custom Fields backed from the
same master customer list:
http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/extending/external_custom_fields.html

-kevin