[rt-users] Address Book for RT

Andrey Tatarnikov insane at mozgam.net
Thu Jun 27 04:35:49 EDT 2013

Hi all,

For the last few days we had some issues when somebody did a mistake in
the "To:" field creating new mail in Outlook. This is bad and now we are
thinking about handling customer service somehow without using mail
clients.
I have used RT in past and that is why RT was my first thought. But
after reviewing RT4 demo at http://rt.easter-eggs.org/demos/ I have
questions about what could I do with RT now.

1. Could RT keep Address Book within itself with the ability for users
to modify contact information for people in it? Also I need RT to create
new contact every time when mail from unknown sender arrives.
2. If answer for 1 is positive - could we split this Address Book by
groups of contacts (e.g. CustomerCompany1 which contains Contact1,
Contact2; CustomerCompany2 contains Contact3,... etc.)?
3. If answer for 1 is positive - could we let RT user to pick up
necessary contacts from their groups when creating a new ticket instead
of prompting them in the field? Basically, when creating a new ticket,
user should fill address fields by himself and could make a mistake.
4. If answer for 1 is positive - could we let RT user to edit address
fields when replying to the ticket without editing them in the textbox?

E.g., the use case for creating new ticket might be:
1. select queue and click "new ticket"
2. click "Address" button on the page and select requestors manually
from the Address Book, apply the selection. Selected contacts should
appear at the Requestors and Cc fields.

--
Wbr,
Andrey Tatarnikov