[rt-users] RT and QuickBooks Web Connect

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Thu Jun 27 11:49:09 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Chad Osmond <Chad.Osmond at compfitness.com>wrote:

> Has anybody here looked at integrating RT and QuickBooks?****
>
> Right now, when we create / edit tickets we have a CF for Billable/No
> Charge and Invoice #’s and use Searches to show all resolved tickets
> without an invoice number.****
>
> ** **
>
> Once they’re invoiced we add an invoice number and the ticket disappears
> from the “To be invoiced” search.****
>
> It would be nice of RT could, On Resolve, pass the ticket directly to
> QuickBooks and create an invoice based on the content.

Major part is quickbooks part. You need command line tool that can do what
you need in quick books. Then you can call it with arguments from RT's
scrip "On resolve do something in quickbooks by calling command line
script".

If you end up with command line code for quickbooks that is in perl then
you can use code directly from a scrip without executing command line tool
and dealing with arguments preparation.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.