[rt-users] Applying the RTIR_FindIP.pm when changing queues instead of On Create

Landon landonstewart at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 13:34:04 EDT 2013

On 27 June 2013 12:55, Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com> wrote:

> rt-crontool has the --transaction all argument for exactly this usage.
>  Move your tickets, run rt-crontool (search or condition to find the
> tickets) --action FindIP --transaction all
>
> RT will scrap the complete history of those tickets running them
> through IP extractor (so all Create/Comment/Correspond would be
> checked).
>
> http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/rt-crontool.html

Well I attempted it and while it cycled through the tickets *and* their
transactions it didn't process them as expected with the action provided.
 I had to use RT::Action::RTIR_FindIP as the action since just specifying
FindIP didn't work (failed to load module FindIP).  I don't know if I used
the wrong action or if something else is awry here but the tickets
themselves did not change even though there are IP addresses to be found in
all of them except one.

Here's what I ran and a small sample of the output:

# /opt/rt4/bin/rt-crontool --search RT::Search::ActiveTicketsInQueue
--search-arg "Incident Reports" --condition RT::Condition::Overdue --action
RT::Action::RTIR_FindIP --transaction all --verbose
1265908:
Using transaction #3422057...
Using transaction #3422063...
Using transaction #3423198...
 Using transaction #3423201...
Using transaction #3423203...
Using transaction #3423857...
 Using transaction #3423858...
Using transaction #3424782...
Using transaction #14047288...
 Using transaction #67295392...
Using transaction #67295393...
Using transaction #67295394...
1266189:
Using transaction #3425710...
Using transaction #3425718...
Using transaction #3425742...
 Using transaction #3425743...
Using transaction #3425847...
Using transaction #14047295...
 Using transaction #67295419...
Using transaction #67295420...
Using transaction #67295421…

etc...

--
Landon Stewart <LandonStewart at Gmail.com>