[rt-users] Possible to run Scrip every 30 minutes

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Mar 4 14:33:11 EST 2013

On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 10:26:52AM -0800, Ryan Hardester wrote:
>    I would like to have tickets that come in to the general queue sit in an unowned state,
>    allowing for technicians to be able to take tickets, but if they sit for a while (or just the
>    arbitrary number of minutes pass, not necessarily the tickets age) the round robin assign
>    script I have installed kicks in on those tickets.
>
>    The idea I am going for is that if after a given period of time *someone* should be
>    responsible for a ticket, while allowing some time for someone to grab a ticket they know is
>    for them. As opposed to a pure round robin assignment as it is now.

You probably want rt-crontool, you can use the Search and Condition
arguments to find unowned tickets older than 30 minutes and the Action
argument can trigger your existing custom action code (depending on
how you implemented the round robin, this may be trivial or require
some refactoring).

Docs here:
http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/rt-crontool.html

-kevin