[rt-users] Changing Time Fields to Days

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Mar 11 14:40:55 EDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 03:20:00PM +0000, Raymond Corbett wrote:
>    The modify ticket portal  of the Metadata provides three fields that offer the selection of
>    Minutes or Hours.
>
>    .         Time Estimated
>    .         Time Worked
>    .         Time Left
>
>    Our development cycle is often days.    How can I add the option Days to this pull down
>    selection list?

The easy part is teaching Elements/EditTimeValue and
Elements/SelectTimeUnits how to list Days in that dropdown.

The fun part will be teaching the PreprocessTimeUpdates code in
RT::Interface::Web how to handle it and the render code and tweaking
the user preference to show days also.

This is probably easier to do as a patch you try to convince core to
take than a standalone extension.

-kevin