[rt-users] unprivileged user to see a queue and everything in it

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Mar 13 11:04:32 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 01:43:00PM +0000, Martin Petersson wrote:
>    We want a specific customer to be able to see all tickets in a queue. They have their own mail
>    address [1]support at clab.se that they use to mail in their requests.
>    I created a group called clab-users and gave the group view queue rights, that didn't work so
>    i created a user with "let this user access RT" and no on "let this user be granted
>    privileges".
>    I can login with the user and see the ticket i created but not the other tickets in that
>    queue.

The SelfService interface (which is what Unprivileged Users see) does
an explicit search for tickets where the current user is a Watcher of
the ticket (so ticket level Requestor, Cc, AdminCc).  That's why they
can't see more tickets, even if you give them ShowTicket on the whole
Queue.

You'd need to overlay MyRequests in SelfService/Elements to change
that.  I expect a callback to make changing it easier would be a patch
that would go into core pretty easily.

-kevin