[rt-users] "Corrupted customfieldvalue" error in Apache error_log with migrated RT4

Guadagnino Cristiano guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it
Fri Mar 15 12:35:55 EDT 2013

Hi Kevin!

On 03/13/2013 06:50 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 08:53:51AM +0000, Guadagnino Cristiano wrote:

   I think I have found out where the problem lies.
   On our production system (RT 3.8.10) attachments that have no value assigned show as "(no
   value)". On our test system (RT 4.0.8) attachments that have no value simply show a blank
   space, but in the source you find a link pointing to an invalid url (e.g.
   "/Download/CustomFieldValue/12194/").

If you select * from ObjectCustomFieldValues where id = 12194 on your
old and new systems, what's different?

Keep in mind you might need to examine Content carefully to see if
it's truly empty or if it contains spaces.

-kevin

Kevin, now I am REALLY confused. By looking at mysql tables as you suggested, I discovered a few things:

- I told you that new articles created in RT4 did not trigger errors. That's not true, they DO trigger the same kind of error. They do not trigger errors only if I do attach something both in the "attachments" and in the "images" CFs I defined. If they are left empty, I have errors.

- I told you that our production system generated different links. That's not true either. I was looking at very old articles, before I defined the "attachments" and "images" CFs. The newer articles generate the same kind of links.

- BOTH our production system and our test system are configured to log at "warning" level.

- Our production system DO NOT show errors in the log when accessing articles (both old and new), while our test system DO show errors.

I decided to look at the source lines indicated in the error log.

This is the source line from out production system (RT3):

While this is the source line from our test system (RT4):

As you can see they're nearly identical, but for a slight difference in the part I highlighted.

Now I think we have two possibilities:
- that slight difference in code is causing the errors (I'm not fluent enough in perl to understand it)
- I have done something wrong defining the CFs in our test system. I am attaching two screenshots, could your be so kind to tell me if you see anything wrong?

Bye
Cris

--
Cristiano Guadagnino