[rt-users] Configure Options for Custom Directories

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Mar 18 09:06:45 EDT 2013

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 10:31:53AM -0700, Tim Wiley wrote:
> I'm wanting to change the directory layout of our RT installation
> just a bit to put it more in line with the standards of our
> packaging & deploy system.  The configure script clearly states that
> this is possible with a set of options.
>
> However, I'm finding that of the 3 options I want to use (prefix,
> sysconfdir & localstatedir), only prefix is being honored.  I've
> attached (for readability) a log of my configure command & then a
> grep for one of my option values.  Clearly, the configure script is
> ignoring my other 2 options as they show up nowhere in the grep
> output except for where the configure command is stored.

I can totally believe that autoconf and our usage is interacting
poorly.  I bet you'll have *much* more luck defining a custom layout
than bending autoconf.  This is how the debian packages (for example)
work.

Open up config.layout, copy one of the sections, give it a different
name and then run configure with --enable-layout=mylayout
You may need to run configure.ac and/or clean out autom4te.cache to
ensure that autoconf sees your changes.  This should give you a lot
more flexibility.

-kevin