[rt-users] rights in lifecycle

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Tue Mar 19 14:59:39 EDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Albert Shih <Albert.Shih at obspm.fr> wrote:
>  Le 19/03/2013 ? 19:26:52+0100, Albert Shih a écrit
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to install a new lifecyle and I'm unable to make the rights
>> working.
>
> OK I find the problem.
>

>>                 # Maybe we want to create rights to keep QA rigid
>>                 'en-attente -> *' => 'Approbationcommand',
>>                 'en-discussion -> *' => 'onestdaccord',
>>                 'approuver -> *' => 'Mettreencommand',
>
> it's work only in the other direction :
>
>     * -> XXX
>
> not
>
>     XXX -> *

It works either way and also you can use "XXX -> YYY" and "* -> *".
These four allow you to completly override RT's rights for status
changes.

'* -> XXX' is the most used pattern as it's easier to understand and
name usually matches XXX or close to it.

'* -> XXX' has higher priority over 'YYY -> *', so if RT checks
whether user can do 'YYY -> XXX' status change then the former right
will be checked, not both, neither latter.

If this doesn't work then I would love to see a bug report with more details.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.