[rt-users] RT4 Postfix/Apache Email Return-Path causing issues

Jernej Zajc nejc at rubisco.com
Wed Mar 20 17:40:13 EDT 2013

I would suggest you use postfix canonical maps on the host running RT, regardless whether it sends out mail directly or via a mail relay server (e.g. corporate mail server). This way you rewrite the domain part of the email address to an address with public MX record (... at servername.domain to ... at domain or ... at rt.domain).

RTFM:
http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html
http://www.postfix.org/canonical.5.html

A versatile setup is to relay mail from RT host to corporate mail server. Then it is easy to accept incoming mail via corporate mail server (via public aliases or addresses with subdomain, whichever is more appropriate) which then delivers it to postfix on RT host.

But there are many ways to skin a cat, this being just one of them.

Nejc