[rt-users] Custom status and page action menu?

Bart bart at pleh.info
Mon Mar 25 08:22:28 EDT 2013

2013/3/24 Patrick G. Stoesser <lists at pgs-info.de>

> Thanks everybody. Last night, I had to reboot the machine, and since then,
> it works.
>
> Thomas, the return action is only wanted when tickets are new and open,
> that's right, and so I tested.
>
> I don't have a clue why it didn't work an now works. A possoble answer
> could be that I could have forgotten to do an "update-rt-siteconfig-4", but
> this is only an idea.
>
> After all, one can say that custom statuses work as described in the wiki
> including menu.
>
> Kind regards, Patrick
>

> Am 22.03.2013 15:55, schrieb Patrick G. Stoesser:
>
>  Hello there,
>>
>> I'm running RT4 on Debian Squeeze, everything fine so far.
>>
>> I have set up a custom status, according to
>> <http://requesttracker.wikia.**com/wiki/CustomStatusesInRt4<http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/CustomStatusesInRt4>>.
>> Works fine
>> also.
>>
>> I run two queues, Level1 and Level2. My Level2 users now have a custom
>> status "returned". When chosing this status for a ticket, the ticket
>> will change the queue to Level1, will be set to unowned and escalations
>> will be reste to the beginning. This whole thing works fine.
>>
>> What does not work: The action (set the ticket's status to returned)
>> does not show up at the page action menu (quicklinks depending on the
>> current ticket's status like Reply Comment Forward Stall Resolve Reject
>> Extract Article.
>>
>> My cumstom section:
>>
>> #Custom Status
>> Set(%Lifecycles,
>>      default => {
>>          initial         => [ 'new' ],
>>          active          => [ 'open', 'stalled', 'returned' ],
>>          inactive        => [ 'resolved', 'rejected', 'deleted' ],
>>          defaults => {
>>              on_create => 'new',
>>              on_merge  => 'resolved',
>>              approved  => 'open',
>>              denied    => 'rejected',
>>              reminder_on_open     => 'open',
>>              reminder_on_resolve  => 'resolved',
>>          },
>>
>>          transitions => {
>>              ''       => [qw(new open resolved)],
>>
>>              # from   => [ to list ],
>>              new      => [qw(open stalled returned resolved rejected
>> deleted)],
>>              open     => [qw(new stalled returned resolved rejected
>> deleted)],
>>              stalled  => [qw(new open rejected returned resolved
>> deleted)],
>>              returned => [qw(new open stalled rejected deleted)],
>>              resolved => [qw(new open stalled rejected deleted)],
>>              rejected => [qw(new open stalled returned resolved deleted)],
>>              deleted  => [qw(new open stalled rejected resolved)],
>>          },
>>          rights => {
>>              '* -> deleted'  => 'DeleteTicket',
>>              '* -> *'        => 'ModifyTicket',
>>          },
>>
>>          actions => [
>>              'new -> open'      => {
> [...]
Hi,

I believe it didn't work because of the object cache, next time when
editing things in the SiteConfig do the following for restarting RT:

# Asuming this is what the command looks like for you ^_~

service apache2 stop
rm -rf /opt/rt4/var/mason_data/obj/*
service apache2 start

After that changes should be visible. (do the same when you add extensions,
add callbacks or anything that would somehow change the UI).

--
Bart G.