[rt-users] Tie a custom field to a table

Kevin Holleran holleran.kevin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 10:59:46 EDT 2013

I am still pretty new to RT & trying to figure out how to do things.  I
want to have a custom field for requesting access.  I would like this to be
a multi select field filled with options from a table.  I would like to
have table that is essentially:

System | ResponsibleParty

where the responsible party is a group ID in RT.  I am writing a perl
module to handle the scrip when a ticket is created that would create child
tickets for each system & assign to the responsible party.

Is this doable?  Can I create a custom field & have it populate options
from a table?

Thanks.  I am not really sure where to look to start this.

Kevin