[rt-users] Problems upgrading from 3.9.3

saxmad g.mason at fairfx.com
Thu May 2 10:21:01 EDT 2013

Spent some more time on this over the last couple of days, but still not a
lot of progress, just error messages.

Having cleared out any remnants of previous tests using drop database rtdb;
and drop role rtuser;, I followed the latest set of instructions.

I created the database using rt-setup-database-4 --action create --dba
postgres which seems fine.

I then try to import the dumped data file (created with the -x switch of
pg_dump),a nd it gives me the following error after every CREATE command ...
CREATE TABLE
psql:/home/gmason/rtdb-20130425.sql:53: ERROR:  role "rtuser" does not exist
CREATE SEQUENCE
psql:/home/gmason/rtdb-20130425.sql:66: ERROR:  role "rtuser" does not exist

So I try and create the rtdb role using create role rtdb; and give it login
attributes and then try the import again, having first dropped the database
first.The import seems to work fine, with no errors, so I continue to the
next stage as instructed, which is setting up the acl's.

# rt-setup-database-4 --action acl --dba postgres

Working with:
Type:	Pg
Host:	localhost
Name:	rtdb
User:	rtuser
DBA:	postgres
Now inserting database ACLs.
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  relation "classes_id_seq" does not exist
at /usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 439, <STDIN> line 1.
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  relation "classes_id_seq" does not exist
at /usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 439, <STDIN> line 1.

So I'm now stumped as to how to actually get anywhere.

In case it makes any difference, I am running the rt-setup-database-4
commands as the root user, but importing the data dump file as the postgres
user.

Can someone put me out of my misery ??