[rt-users] rt-client ruby gem - getting started

Peter Roosakos proosakos at yahoo.com
Sat May 4 13:33:20 EDT 2013

I'm playing around with the rt-client ruby gem, and running into some
difficulty.  After adding to my rails app and creating a .rtclientrc
file in my project directory, I can successfully access the objects and
methods in the console using RT_Client.new.

rt = RT_Client.new

rt.user
=> peter

returns my user name, so it's successfully accessing the configuration
options in my config file.

rt.status
=> "RT/3.8.7 200 Ok\n\n# Invalid object specification:
'index.html'\n\nid: index.html\n\n"

it appears that credentials aren't being passed?

rt.cookie
returns the contents of the cookie file, which is being created and can
be found in the correct specified directory as per the .rtclientrc file.

rt.server
=> https://myserverdomain.com/rt/

and going directly to

https://myserverdomain.com/rt/REST.1.0/ticket/1/show?user=username&pass=password

Using the same username and password successfully displays the first
ticket, so my credentials are correct

I'm on Ruby 1.9.3-p286

Any thoughts on what I might be missing?  Using the latest gem, 0.4.1