[rt-users] adding "update ticket" to ticket display

Darin Perusich darin at darins.net
Mon May 6 17:06:21 EDT 2013

Hello All,

I'd like to add an "update ticket" or "quick comment" element to the
ticket display so users of the webUI don't need to click Actions ->
Comment|Reply to add an update, ideally this would be placed on the
left hand side of the sceen under People. I've taken the 'Update
ticket' code from html/Ticket/ModifyAll.html and added it to
local/html/Ticket/Display.html but the pages fail to load and there
are messages in the rt.log that "Global symbol requires explicit
package name". I'm assuming this is because I need to add some
callbacks to the code but I'm not familiar with them.

Can someone give me some pointers on how to get around this, and
what's the proper way to submit the update?

Thanks!

--
Later,
Darin