[rt-users] Problem with multple new tickets on same subject

Mª Eugenia Moreno meugeniamg at gmail.com
Thu May 9 12:14:59 EDT 2013

I am not sure if there is any solution to this. I have been digging
everywhere for information but I couldn't find any solution.

I am currently using RT 4 as the ticketing system in my company. Below is
the scenario:

Colleague A emails to the RT’s email and include Colleague B in the loop as
Cc.

RT create new ticket (#1 New Test Ticket) and send auto reply email
to Colleague A with Ticket ID.

Colleague B ”reply all”  on the original email sent by Colleague A  thus
creating another ticket on RT (#2 RE: New Test Ticket).

Is there a way to recognize the subject text instead of the ticket ID to
avoid the creation of a new ticket? The ideal situation would be to add B
email to the same ticket of A email instead of creating a new ticket. At
the moment I am doing manually, I go to RT interface and link ticket #2 to
ticket #1.

I would be very grateful if someone could help.

Thanks a lot,

Maria