[rt-users] RT not emailing tickets after old exchange server decomissioning.

DeCoste, Wayne decostw at hiaa.ca
Thu May 9 15:11:39 EDT 2013

Hello.

We have recently migrated over to a new exchange environment. After we decommissioned the old server we began to have issues with mail outs from RT.
Our linux\unix\rt admin is no longer accessible, so I am attempting to get mail working on this server. Please excuse my lack of knowledge and general unfamiliarity with the system. I'm new to working with RT.

Steps so far :

- Reviewed support

- Run yast2 and changed the MTA outgoing mail server to our new server fqdn. Heres what the setting look like :
MTA -> Permanent -> Outgoing Mail Server:new fqdn ->Use TLS:masquerade -> Accept Remote SMTP Connections (downloading: empty, \ forward root mail: empty).

- Then rebooted the RT server. No joy.

- Checked the "aliases" file in the /.etc folder. There are no references to my old mail server to change to the new mail server and the aliases are correct.

- I ran the  "newaliases" command to be safe.

- I am able to ping my mail server from RT

- I am able to establish an smtp connection over port 25.

I would welcome any suggestions on how to get ticket mailout working again.

-          Wayne