[rt-users] Problems upgrading from 3.9.3

saxmad g.mason at fairfx.com
Tue May 14 11:57:34 EDT 2013

The need to get this upgrade working is mounting, so I have been trying
various combinations of sequences of events to try and make progress.

While I still get the errors as previously when trying to run #
rt-setup-database-4 --action acl --dba postgres, I decided to ignore that
and carry on with the upgrade.

This time, I have been able to get as far as 3.9.8 before getting any
errors. This is a lot further than I have ever got before, so I'm feeling
slightly more encouraged that I can get this working eventually.

Anyway, the error message I now get is as follows :-

<..>
snip
<..>
Processing 3.9.8
Now populating database schema.
Now inserting data.
[Tue May 14 15:49:07 2013] [warning]: DBD::Pg::db table_info failed: ERROR:
column t.spclocation does not exist
LINE 11: ...t(t.spcname) AS "pg_tablespace_name", quote_ident(t.spclocat...
                                                              ^ at
/usr/share/request-tracker4/etc/upgrade/3.9.8/content line 3.
(/usr/share/request-tracker4/etc/upgrade/3.9.8/content:3)
Couldn't finish 'upgrade' step.

ERROR: One of initial functions failed: DBD::Pg::db table_info failed:
ERROR:  column t.spclocation does not exist
LINE 11: ...t(t.spcname) AS "pg_tablespace_name", quote_ident(t.spclocat...
                                                              ^ at
/usr/share/request-tracker4/etc/upgrade/3.9.8/content line 3.

I'm going to try Googling about this error, but any more formal and
knowledgeable response would be gratefully received.

Gary