[rt-users] Post upgrade 3.8.5 to 4.0.12 Global->RT At A Glance error

Pete Beebe pete.beebe at jibeconsulting.com
Fri May 17 16:36:39 EDT 2013

Hi Thomas,

>>>Out of curiosity, how did you reinstate the user records?

On the original RT 3.8.5 server I had a couple of mysql dumps available with the previously deleted records still intact.  On the original server I copied one of the mysql backups to the RTDEV server, imported it into an empty MySQL rt database and then ran the upgrade to 4.0.12 followed by the migration to the Oracle schema.  I then extracted the specific deleted records from the RTDEV Oracle schema and inserted them into the RTPROD User table followed by re-generating the User table sequence.  If I was more savvy I probably could have just reconstructed the insert queries manually but the above method worked out well enough, just took a bit more time.

>>> The error was  still occurring after you'd reinstated them, but before you reinstalled,  right?

This is correct.  I re-instated the deleted user records into RTPROD and the Global RT At A Glance error was still occurring.  It was only when I rebooted the RTPROD server and re-ran the base directory installation that the error cleared.  What I didn't do which I should have done was re-test after the RTPROD reboot and before running the new base directory installation.

>>> Can you run `diff -ruN` against the two install trees (the one you backed up and the one currently in use)?

Zip file is 190KB in size.  I will be sending it separate from this reply.  I cut out the session_data diff output to trim down the original log file (4MB).  If you prefer that this additional diff info be included I can simply send you the zipped 4MB log file.

~Pete_Jibe

Disclaimer: This electronic message may contain information that is Confidential or legally privileged. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity named in the message. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from your computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message and do not disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the information it contains.