[rt-users] Change ticket status after elapsed time period

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Wed May 22 16:52:59 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Ruslan Zakirov <ruz at bestpractical.com>wrote:

> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 1:25 PM, kjcsb <kjcsb at xnet.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> I would like to configure RT to automatically change the status of a
>> ticket
>> in certain cases. An example of this would be when a ticket is set to
>> "waiting on customer" response. After a certain period without a response
>> (ideally working days rather than calendar days) we would like to resolve
>> the ticket. I've been unable to find the right term to search on to find
>> the
>> answer to this. Any help appreciated.
>>

> For such things you use rt-crontool. Start with search that uses
> TicketSQL, for example "LastUpdated < '10 days ago' AND Status = 'waiting
> on customer'". Figure out how to use SetStatus action.

Ramon Kagan wrote a RT::Action::SetStatus module
http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2005-February/028827.html

You can place it at /opt/rt3/local/lib/RT/Action/SetStatus.pm and use it.
You may have to run mkdir -p /opt/rt3/local/lib/RT/Action

YMMV.

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu